We are looking for a hands-on leader, to join a well know leader in the packaging industry. The company has a strong focus on becoming truly sustainable, by continuing their journey of improvement, learning and adaptation.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for maximising the production performance of the plant, with a particular emphasis on maintaining operational reliability across all aspects of the business.
You will also be responsible for:
- Supporting team performance targets via WI and SOP’s, implementing 5S and reviewing teamwork practices and performance.
- Maintaining operational reliability across all aspects of the business.
- Managing both direct and indirect staff levels, including Casual Agency Workers.
- Ensuring company process and policy towards health and safety are always adhered to.
- Supporting the management and optimisation of machines, fleet, and labour, whilst utilising available metrics and reporting systems.
- Analysing stock performance data to ensure inventory is being used effectively.
To be successful in this role you will have a solid background in the packaging industry, preferably with experience in pallet and/or other returnable packaging products.
You will also have:
- Extensive people management skills, gained from working within a manufacturing environment.
- A thorough understanding of shift operations, utilising external Casual Agency Workers.
- Ability to grow, maintain and develop good relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- A background in continuous improvement, with the ability to interpret metadata to be presented to the wider business.
- High levels of computer literacy, outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to quickly pick up in-house systems and processes.
For more information please phone Nola Walters on 021786388
To apply, use the application form to the right, or email email@example.com